Thursday, February 3, 2011

This is a Snow Shovel

Despite hiding my favourite snow removal tool, it has been used for many things other than snow and has been cracked.  There are even a few inches less edge than I remember.

Has this ever happened to you?

You have something special and you put it away or notify everyone that this is a significant object.  My shovel is lightweight, made of plastic, blue - nice colour and it is the right length for my height.
Not only that- it has successfully helped me through at least 20 different snowstorms.

You are wondering what does all this have to do with health & or wellness, right?
Well, here goes. I located my favourite snow shovel for the storms that came through Southwestern Ontario this week.  I realized that is was cracked at that time.  Instead of freaking out and getting upset, I inspected the damage and thought 'oh well, use it as long as you can'.  And I did.  Instead of getting all emotional and angry, turning a fun snow day into a mess,  I identified that there are better things to do with my energy - like clear snow- than become a toxic cloud in the day with my family.

The shovel got through it and so will I.  I dropped a few hints that my family can get me a new blue plastic snow shovel for my birthday this summer!

Oh yes, I also realized that when you bend at the knees to throw the snow, you can use the momentum to throw further and get back up, creating a rhythm and protecting your back!  ( I knew it felt better, my Pilate's instructor explained the fundamentals!)

No comments:

Post a Comment